How can I get max date and minimum date in SQL?
The SQL MIN() and MAX() Functions
- SELECT MIN(column_name) FROM table_name. WHERE condition;
- SELECT MAX(column_name) FROM table_name. WHERE condition;
- Example. SELECT MIN(Price) AS SmallestPrice. FROM Products;
- Example. SELECT MAX(Price) AS LargestPrice. FROM Products;
Can you use Max on date in SQL?
SQL MAX Date
MIN and MAX can be used with numeric, string, and date values.
How do you find the max of a date?
SQL MAX() on date value using join
- ‘ ord_date’ should be largest(maximum) from the ‘orders’ table,
- largest (maximum) ‘ord_date’ should be equal to the ‘ord_date’ of ‘ orders’ table,
- ‘ agent_code’ of ‘orders’ table should be equal to the ‘agent_code’ of ‘despatch’ table for joining,
Can we use max and min together in SQL?
To ask SQL Server about the minimum and maximum values in a column, we use the following syntax: SELECT MIN(column_name) FROM table_name; SELECT MAX(column_name) FROM table_name; When we use this syntax, SQL Server returns a single value. Thus, we can consider the MIN() and MAX() functions Scalar-Valued Functions.
How do I get the oldest date in SQL?
Oldest or Most Recent records relative to another field
- SELECT user_id, MAX(created_at) FROM orders GROUP BY user_id.
- SELECT users. username, latest_orders. …
- SELECT orders. …
- SELECT holding_value_stamps. …
- SELECT holding_value_stamps1. …
How do you find the maximum and minimum value?
Finding max/min: There are two ways to find the absolute maximum/minimum value for f(x) = ax2 + bx + c: Put the quadratic in standard form f(x) = a(x − h)2 + k, and the absolute maximum/minimum value is k and it occurs at x = h. If a > 0, then the parabola opens up, and it is a minimum functional value of f.
What is Max date?
MAX() function will give you the maximum values from all the values in a column. MAX function works with “date” data types as well and it will return the maximum or the latest date from the table. … The query above will return the latest date (last time) on which we have received an order.
How do you SELECT a minimum value in SQL?
To find the minimum value of a column, use the MIN() aggregate function; it takes as its argument the name of the column for which you want to find the minimum value. If you have not specified any other columns in the SELECT clause, the minimum will be calculated for all records in the table.
What is the format for date in SQL?
SQL Date Data Types
DATE – format YYYY-MM-DD. DATETIME – format: YYYY-MM-DD HH:MI:SS. TIMESTAMP – format: YYYY-MM-DD HH:MI:SS.
What is Max in SQL?
The SQL MAX function is used to return the maximum value of an expression in a SELECT statement.
What is the max date in Oracle?
From the 11g docs: Oracle Database can store dates in the Julian era, ranging from January 1, 4712 BCE through December 31, 9999 CE (Common Era, or ‘AD’).
How do I get the highest value in 3 columns in SQL?
To get the maximum value from three different columns, use the GREATEST() function. Insert some records in the table using insert command. Display all records from the table using select statement.
Which SQL keyword is used to retrieve a maximum value?
MAX() is the SQL keyword is used to retrieve the maximum value in the selected column.
How do I count in SQL?
SQL COUNT() Function
- SQL COUNT(column_name) Syntax. The COUNT(column_name) function returns the number of values (NULL values will not be counted) of the specified column: …
- SQL COUNT(*) Syntax. The COUNT(*) function returns the number of records in a table: …
- SQL COUNT(DISTINCT column_name) Syntax.
How do you SELECT the highest value in SQL?
To find the max value of a column, use the MAX() aggregate function; it takes as its argument the name of the column for which you want to find the maximum value. If you have not specified any other columns in the SELECT clause, the maximum will be calculated for all records in the table.