How do I get top ten records in SQL?
SQL SELECT TOP Clause
- SQL Server / MS Access Syntax. SELECT TOP number|percent column_name(s) FROM table_name;
- MySQL Syntax. SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. LIMIT number;
- Example. SELECT * FROM Persons. LIMIT 5;
- Oracle Syntax. SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. WHERE ROWNUM <= number;
- Example. SELECT * FROM Persons.
How do I find Top 10 maximum values in SQL?
Re: SQL command for retrieving 10 highest values ?
- SELECT TOP(2) * FROM ( SELECT 1 ID,1233 AMOUNT UNION SELECT 2 ID,12 AMOUNT UNION SELECT 3 ID,1003 AMOUNT UNION SELECT 4 ID,1897 AMOUNT UNION SELECT 5 ID,1245 AMOUNT ) A ORDER BY AMOUNT DESC. …
- SELECT TOP(10) * FROM ( SELECT DISTINCT Customer. …
- SELECT DISTINCT Customer.
How do I display 10 records in SQL?
To select first 10 elements from a database using SQL ORDER BY clause with LIMIT 10. Insert some records in the table using insert command. Display all records from the table using select statement. Here is the alternate query to select first 10 elements.
How do you get top 10 records?
Returning TOP N Records
- Microsoft SQL Server SELECT TOP 10 column FROM table.
- PostgreSQL and MySQL SELECT column FROM table LIMIT 10.
- Oracle SELECT column FROM table WHERE ROWNUM <= 10.
- Sybase SET rowcount 10 SELECT column FROM table.
- Firebird SELECT FIRST 10 column FROM table.
How can I get top 3 salary in SQL?
To Find the Third Highest Salary Using a Sub-Query,
- SELECT TOP 1 SALARY.
- FROM (
- SELECT DISTINCT TOP 3 SALARY.
- FROM tbl_Employees.
- ORDER BY SALARY DESC.
- ) RESULT.
- ORDER BY SALARY.
How do I get last 10 rows in SQL?
The following is the syntax to get the last 10 records from the table. Here, we have used LIMIT clause. SELECT * FROM ( SELECT * FROM yourTableName ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 10 )Var1 ORDER BY id ASC; Let us now implement the above query.
How do I get last 3 records in SQL?
SELECT * FROM (select * from suppliers ORDER BY supplier_name DESC) suppliers2 WHERE rownum <= 3 ORDER BY rownum DESC; Notice that although you want the last 3 records sorted by supplier_name in ascending order, you actually sort the supplier_name in descending order in this solution.
How do I have multiple rows in one row in SQL?
STUFF Function in SQL Server
- Create a database.
- Create 2 tables as in the following.
- Execute this SQL Query to get the student courseIds separated by a comma. USE StudentCourseDB. SELECT StudentID, CourseIDs=STUFF. ( ( SELECT DISTINCT ‘, ‘ + CAST(CourseID AS VARCHAR(MAX)) FROM StudentCourses t2.
How do I select specific rows in SQL?
To select rows using selection symbols for character or graphic data, use the LIKE keyword in a WHERE clause, and the underscore and percent sign as selection symbols. You can create multiple row conditions, and use the AND, OR, or IN keywords to connect the conditions.
How do I get the first 10 rows in SQL?
The ANSI SQL answer is FETCH FIRST . If you want ties to be included, do FETCH FIRST 10 ROWS WITH TIES instead. To skip a specified number of rows, use OFFSET , e.g. Will skip the first 20 rows, and then fetch 10 rows.
What is offset in SQL query?
SQL | OFFSET-FETCH Clause
- The OFFSET argument is used to identify the starting point to return rows from a result set. Basically, it exclude the first set of records. Note:
- The FETCH argument is used to return a set of number of rows. FETCH can’t be used itself, it is used in conjuction with OFFSET. Syntax:
Is Rownum stored in database?
Rowid, Rownum are the Pseudo columns in oracle used to select the data from tables. ROWID is a pseudo column in a table which store and return row address in HEXADECIMAL format with database tables. ROWID is the permanent unique identifiers for each row in the database.
Can we use top in Oracle?
The SQL TOP clause is used to fetch a TOP N number or X percent records from a table. … For example MySQL supports the LIMIT clause to fetch limited number of records while Oracle uses the ROWNUM command to fetch a limited number of records.
How do I get one record from multiple records in SQL?
To implement the quotient in SQL you have to do 4 steps:
- Create the Cartesian Product of your ancestry set and the set of all user_ids.
- Find all records in the Cartesian Product which have no partner in the original set (Left Join)
- Return all user_ids from the original set which are not included in the result set of 3)
How do you select top 1 record in each group in SQL?
[InventoryAllocations] ORDER BY ROW_NUMBER() OVER(PARTITION BY DocumentID ORDER BY [RecordTimeStamp] DESC); TOP 1 works with WITH TIES here. WITH TIES means that when ORDER BY = 1 , then SELECT takes this record (because of TOP 1 ) and all others that have ORDER BY = 1 (because of WITH TIES ).