SQL Regular Expressions in a Multilingual Environment
How do I run a MySQL dump file in Windows?
Use the mysql utility to restore your database/table(s) dump to your Winhost MySQL database
- Open up a windows command prompt. Click Start -> Run. …
- Go to the directory that the mysql client utility is located. cd C:Program FilesMySQLMySQL Server 5.5bin.
- Import the dump of your database or table.
How do I run a .SQL file in MySQL?
use the MySQL command line client: mysql -h hostname -u user database < path/to/test. sql. Install the MySQL GUI tools and open your SQL file, then execute it.
How do I run a dump file in MySQL workbench?
Load a MySQL dump from MySQL Workbench
Select Data Import. You should see a link to the default dump folder, typically your Documents folder in a subfolder titled dumps . Click the … and navigate to where your MySQL backup file is located, select the backup you want to load, and click OK.
How do you dump a database?
To dump/export a MySQL database, execute the following command in the Windows command prompt: mysqldump -u username -p dbname > filename. sql . After entering that command you will be prompted for your password.
How do I dump all MySQL databases?
To create a backup of all MySQL server databases, run the following command:
- mysqldump –user root –password –all-databases > all-databases.sql. …
- mysql –user root –password mysql < all-databases.sql. …
- mysql –user root –password [db_name] < [db_name].sql. …
- select @@datadir;
How do I stop MySQL dump?
2.1 Backing Up a Replica Using mysqldump
- Stop the replica from processing requests. You can stop replication completely on the replica using mysqladmin: $> mysqladmin stop-slave. …
- Run mysqldump to dump your databases. …
- Once the dump has completed, start replica operations again: $> mysqladmin start-slave.
How do you dump in SQL?
- Log into your server via SSH.
- Use the command cd to navigate to a directory where your user has write access. …
- Export the database by executing the following command: mysqldump –add-drop-table -u admin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` dbname > dbname.sql. …
- You can now download the resulting SQL file.
How do I dump just one table in MySQL?
Dump a specific table or few rows (MySQL)
- The simplest case is the whole database dumping: …
- Sometimes, there’s a need to dump a single table from your database. …
- If you want to dump only rows that meet a specific criteria, you can add ‘where’ option to your mysqldump command.
How do I run MySQL from command line?
Select the option to run MySQL as a service. Launch the MySQL Command-Line Client. To launch the client, enter the following command in a Command Prompt window: mysql -u root -p . The -p option is needed only if a root password is defined for MySQL.
How do I open a MySQL file?
Use the file navigator window to find your SQL file, and click on its name to select the file. Click Open on the bottom-right. This button is in the lower-right corner of the file navigator pop-up. It will open your SQL file’s contents in the MySQL Workbench app.
How do I run SQL?
Running a SQL Command
Enter the SQL command you want to run in the command editor. Click Run (Ctrl+Enter) to execute the command. Tip: To execute a specific statement, select the statement you want to run and click Run.
How do I import a dump file in MySQL?
To import an SQL dump file:
- Connect to your MySQL database.
- Choose Import > From SQL Dump… from the File menu.
- This will bring up a dialog box, select the file on your file system that you would like to import, then click Import .
- Your database will now be updated. Click the Refresh button (Cmd + R) if needed.
How do I check if MySQL is running?
We check the status with the systemctl status mysql command. We use the mysqladmin tool to check if MySQL server is running. The -u option specifies the user which pings the server. The -p option is a password for the user.
How do I restore a .SQL file in MySQL workbench?
Restore your database from a previous backup
- Click Manage Import / Export under Server Administration on the right of the Workbench window. …
- Select your database and click OK.
- Enter your database password if prompted.
- Select the Import from Disk tab.