How do I run a selected query in PL SQL?
PL/SQL SELECT INTO examples
- First, declare a variable l_customer_name whose data type anchors to the name columns of the customers table. …
- Second, use the SELECT INTO statement to select value from the name column and assign it to the l_customer_name variable.
- Third, show the customer name using the dbms_output.
How do I open query editor in Oracle SQL Developer?
Open the directory where the SQL Developer 3.0 is located, right-click sqldeveloper.exe (on Windows) or sqldeveloper.sh (on Linux) and select Send to > Desktop (create shortcut). 2 . On the desktop, you will find an icon named Shortcut to sqldeveloper.exe. Double-click the icon to open SQL Developer 3.0.
How do I compile a query in Oracle SQL Developer?
Creating and Compiling a PL/SQL Procedure
- Right-click on the Procedures node in the Connections Navigator, to invoke the context menu, and select NEW PROCEDURE.
- Enter EMP_LIST as the procedure name. …
- The procedure is created. …
- Replace the following PL/SQL: …
- Compile errors, if any. …
How do you execute a PL SQL procedure?
Executing a Standalone Procedure
- Using the EXECUTE keyword.
- Calling the name of the procedure from a PL/SQL block.
How do I run a script in SQL Developer?
To execute a script from the SQL Scripts page:
- On the Workspace home page, click SQL Workshop and then SQL Scripts. …
- From the View list, select Details and click Go. …
- Click the Run icon for the script you want to execute. …
- The Run Script page appears. …
- Click Run to submit the script for execution.
How do I get top 10 records in SQL Developer?
Returning TOP N Records
- Microsoft SQL Server SELECT TOP 10 column FROM table.
- PostgreSQL and MySQL SELECT column FROM table LIMIT 10.
- Oracle SELECT column FROM table WHERE ROWNUM
- Sybase SET rowcount 10 SELECT column FROM table.
- Firebird SELECT FIRST 10 column FROM table.
How do I test a procedure in SQL Developer?
Creating and Running a Unit Test
- Select View > Unit Test. …
- In the Unit Test navigator, right-click Tests and select Create Test. …
- In Select Operation, select the hr_orcl connection that you used to create the AWARD_BONUS procedure. …
- Expand Procedures, select AWARD_BONUS and click Next.
How do I debug a query in Oracle SQL Developer?
Debug Oracle PL/SQL code
- Create a PL/SQL object Right-click the Oracle data source and select Open Console Ctrl+Shift+F10 . …
- Compile a PL/SQL object with the debug option To enable debugging for a PL/SQL code, you need to compile it with the debug option. …
- Debug PL/SQL program units
What is the structure of PL SQL program?
PL/SQL is a block-structured language. That is, the basic units (procedures, functions, and anonymous blocks) that make up a PL/SQL program are logical blocks, which can contain any number of nested sub-blocks. Typically, each logical block corresponds to a problem or subproblem to be solved.
How many blocks are there in PL SQL?
There are three types of blocks that make up a PL/SQL program: Anonymous blocks: These are the unnamed PL/SQL blocks that are embedded within an application or are issued interactively. Procedures: These are the named PL/SQL blocks.
What is procedure in PL SQL with example?
Procedure Vs. Function: Key Differences
|Used mainly to a execute certain process||Used mainly to perform some calculation|
|Cannot call in SELECT statement||A Function that contains no DML statements can be called in SELECT statement|
|Use OUT parameter to return the value||Use RETURN to return the value|