How do you delete a specific line from a text file in Java?
You want to do something like the following:
- Open the old file for reading.
- Open a new (temporary) file for writing.
- Iterate over the lines in the old file (probably using a BufferedReader) …
- When done, close both files.
- Delete the old file.
- Rename the temporary file to the name of the original file.
How do I delete a single line in a text file?
The best way to do this is to open the file in text mode, read each line with ReadLine(), and then write it to a new file with WriteLine(), skipping the one line you want to delete.
How do you delete data in a text file in Java?
How to delete a string inside a file(. txt) in java?
- Retrieve the contents of the file as a String.
- Replace the required word with an empty String using the replaceAll() method.
- Rewrite the resultant string into the file again.
How do I remove the first line of a text file in Java?
Scanner fileScanner = new Scanner(myFile); fileScanner. nextLine(); This will return the first line of text from the file and discard it because you don’t store it anywhere.
How do you remove a single line from a text file in Unix?
To Remove the lines from the source file itself, use the -i option with sed command. If you dont wish to delete the lines from the original source file you can redirect the output of the sed command to another file.
How do you delete a text file in Linux?
Type the rm command, a space, and then the name of the file you want to delete. If the file is not in the current working directory, provide a path to the file’s location. You can pass more than one filename to rm .
How do you delete a line in a file in Linux?
Deleting a Line
- Press the Esc key to go to normal mode.
- Place the cursor on the line you want to delete.
- Type dd and hit Enter to remove the line.
How do I delete a line in word that won’t delete?
The easiest way to get rid of it is to use the Ctrl+Q combination on your keyboard. Simply move your cursor anywhere in the paragraph above the line that you want to delete, and then use Ctrl+Q.
How do I delete a line in notepad?
Ctrl + L will cut the line. Ctrl + Shift + L will delete the line (i.e. not copying it to clipboard).
How do I get rid of lines in a table in Word without deleting the text?
How to Remove Table without Deleting Text in Microsoft Word
- Click on the table you want to remove. …
- Go to the Table Tools > Layout menu.
- Click Convert to Text.
- Select the separator type between text, then click OK. …
- The table is now removed and the text still there.
How do I delete a text file?
Delete a Text File
- In the file directory, press and hold a file thumbnail.
- Tap on other thumbnails to select multiple text files.
- Tap the delete icon, then tap Delete. To cancel, tap anywhere in the file directory background, then tap Back button.
What is the difference between flush and close in Java?
flush() writes the content of the buffer to the destination and makes the buffer empty for further data to store but it does not closes the stream permanently. That means you can still write some more data to the stream. But close() closes the stream permanently.
How do you remove words from a file?
Logic to remove word from file
- Open source file in r (read) mode. …
- Create and open a temporary file say delete. …
- Read word to remove from user in some variable say toRemove .
- Read a line from source file fPtr and store it in temporary buffer variable.