How do you find duplicate characters in a string in Java without collection?
- Create a HashMap and character of String will be inserted as key and its count as value.
- If Hashamap already contains char,increase its count by 1, else put char in HashMap.
- If value of Char is more than 1, that means it is duplicate character in that String.
How do I find a repeated character in a string?
An efficient solution is to use Hashing to solve this in O(N) time on average.
- Create an empty hash.
- Scan each character of input string and insert values to each keys in the hash.
- When any character appears more than once, hash key value is increment by 1, and return the character.
How are duplicate characters found in a string in Java?
The duplicate characters are found in the string using a nested for loop. Then these characters are displayed.
How do I find duplicates in a string in Java 8?
In Java 8 Stream, filter with Set. Add() is the fastest algorithm to find duplicate elements, because it loops only one time. Set<T> items = new HashSet<>(); return list.
How do you remove duplicate characters in a string in Java?
1) By using for loop
- In the first step, we have to convert the string into a character array.
- Calculate the size of the array.
- Call removeDuplicates() method by passing the character array and the length.
- Traverse all the characters present in the character array.
- Check whether the str[i] is present before or not.
How do I reverse a string?
Different ways to find the reverse of a string in the C
- Reverse a string using the strrev() function.
- Reverse a string without using the library function.
- Reverse a string using the recursion function.
- Reverse a string using for loop.
- Reverse a string using while loop.
- Reverse a string using pointers.
How do I find duplicate characters in a string in SQL Server?
SQL Server: Count Number of Occurrences of a Character or Word in a String
- DECLARE @tosearch VARCHAR(MAX)=’In’
- SELECT (DATALENGTH(@string)-DATALENGTH(REPLACE(@string,@tosearch,”)))/DATALENGTH(@tosearch)
- AS OccurrenceCount.
How do you find the most repeated word in a string?
- STEP 1: START.
- STEP 2: DEFINE String line, word = “”
- STEP 3: SET count =0, maxCount =0.
- STEP 4: DEFINE ArrayList<String> words.
- STEP 5: USE File Reader to open file in read mode.
- STEP 6: READ line from file.
- STEP 7: By looping, CONVERT each line into lower case.
- STEP 8: REMOVE the punctuation marks.
How do you duplicate a string in Java?
repeated = new String(new char[n]). replace(“