How do I find the second word in a string?
“how to take second word of the sentence in java” Code Answer
- public static void main(String args)
- String str = “Hey this is Ram”;
- String  words = str. split(” “, 3);
- for (String word : words)
- System. out. println(word);
How do I find the second space of a string in SQL?
In case you can have multiple spaces in the string then you could use function CHARINDEX to find the position of the first space in the string and then add 1 to that postion and use it as the value for the third parameter of the function to find the second one.
How do you get the second value in SQL?
SELECT MAX (column_name) FROM table_name WHERE column_name NOT IN (SELECT Max (column_name) FROM table_name); First we selected the max from that column in the table then we searched for the max value again in that column with excluding the max value which has already been found, so it results in the 2nd maximum value.
How do you get a word from a string in Python?
We can use regular expressions in python to extract specific words from a string. We can use search() method from re module to find the first occurrence of the word and then we can obtain the word using slicing.
How do you extract a specific word from Excel?
Using Text to Columns to Extract a Substring in Excel
- Select the cells where you have the text.
- Go to Data –> Data Tools –> Text to Columns.
- In the Text to Column Wizard Step 1, select Delimited and press Next.
- In Step 2, check the Other option and enter @ in the box right to it.
How do you find the space between words in SQL?
There is no way to do what you’re wanting within a SQL LIKE . What you would have to do is use REGEXP and [[:space:]] inside your expression. So to find one or more spaces between two words..
What is Parsename SQL Server?
PARSENAME is an SQL Server function used for working with linked servers and replication. … SQL Server uses a four part object naming syntax to represent database objects. This syntax covers objects within the current database, within a different database on the same server as well as across multiple servers.
How do I split a string after a specific character in SQL Server?
How to Split a String by a Delimited Char in SQL Server?
- Use of STRING_SPLIT function to split the string.
- Create a user-defined table-valued function to split the string,
- Use XQuery to split the string value and transform a delimited string into XML.
How do I get the highest value in 3 columns in SQL?
To get the maximum value from three different columns, use the GREATEST() function. Insert some records in the table using insert command. Display all records from the table using select statement.
How can get second highest salary in SQL Server?
How To Find Second Highest Salary Using a Sub-Query
- SELECT TOP 1 SALARY.
- FROM (
- SELECT DISTINCT TOP 2 SALARY.
- FROM tbl_Employees.
- ORDER BY SALARY DESC.
- ) RESULT.
- ORDER BY SALARY.
How do I split a string in SQL?
SQL Server 2016 introduced a new built-in table-valued function, STRING_SPLIT that splits the provided input string by a specified separation character and returns the output separated values in the form of table, with a row for each delimited value between each separator character.
How do you substring in SQL query?
SQL Server SUBSTRING() Function
- Extract 3 characters from a string, starting in position 1: SELECT SUBSTRING(‘SQL Tutorial’, 1, 3) AS ExtractString;
- Extract 5 characters from the “CustomerName” column, starting in position 1: …
- Extract 100 characters from a string, starting in position 1:
How do I remove the first word from a string in SQL?
Remove first character from string in SQL Server
- Using the SQL Right Function.
- Using the Substring Function. Declare @name as varchar(30)=’Rohatash’ Select substring(@name, 2, len(@name)-1) as AfterRemoveFirstCharacter.