How do I find a specific table in SQL Server?
Using the Information Schema
- SELECT TABLE_NAME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA. TABLES.
- SELECT TABLE_NAME, COLUMN_NAME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA. COLUMNS.
- SELECT COLUMN_NAME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA. COLUMNS WHERE TABLE_NAME = ‘Album’
- IF EXISTS( SELECT * FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA. …
- IF EXISTS( SELECT * FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.
How do I select a specific table in SQL?
SQL Server SELECT
- First, specify a list of comma-separated columns from which you want to query data in the SELECT clause.
- Second, specify the source table and its schema name on the FROM clause.
How do I view a specific table?
To get a list of the tables in a MySQL database, use the mysql client tool to connect to the MySQL server and run the SHOW TABLES command. The optional FULL modifier will show the table type as a second output column.
How do I select specific rows in SQL?
To select rows using selection symbols for character or graphic data, use the LIKE keyword in a WHERE clause, and the underscore and percent sign as selection symbols. You can create multiple row conditions, and use the AND, OR, or IN keywords to connect the conditions.
How do I select all rows in a table in SQL?
Using the asterisk operator * serves as a shortcut for selecting all the columns in the table. All rows will also be selected because this SELECT statement does not have a WHERE clause, to specify any filtering criteria.
How do you select unique records from a table?
SELECT DISTINCT returns only unique (i.e. distinct) values. SELECT DISTINCT eliminates duplicate values from the results. DISTINCT can be used with aggregates: COUNT, AVG, MAX, etc. DISTINCT operates on a single column.
What Cannot have a trigger associated with it?
Since triggers execute as part of a transaction, the following statements are not allowed in a trigger: All create commands, including create database, create table, create index, create procedure, create default, create rule, create trigger, and create view. All drop commands. alter table and alter database.
Where are tables stored in MySQL?
mysql system tables and data dictionary tables reside in a single InnoDB tablespace file named mysql. ibd in the MySQL data directory. Previously, these tables were created in individual tablespace files in the mysql database directory. Data-at-rest encryption can be enabled for the mysql system schema tablespace.
Which command will return a list of triggers?
SHOW TRIGGERS lists the triggers currently defined for tables in a database (the default database unless a FROM clause is given). This statement returns results only for databases and tables for which you have the TRIGGER privilege.
What is table name in SQL?
SQL aliases are used to give a table, or a column in a table, a temporary name. Aliases are often used to make column names more readable. An alias only exists for the duration of that query.
How do I see all tables in SQL Developer?
To view tables:
- In the Connections navigator in SQL Developer, navigate to the Tables node for the schema that includes the table you want to display. If the view is in your own schema, navigate to the Tables node in your schema. …
- Open the Tables node. …
- Click the name of the table that you want to display.
How do you display in SQL?
The DISPLAY command must be placed immediately after the query statement on which you want it to take effect. For example: SELECT pno, pname FROM part WHERE color=’BLUE’; DISPLAY; When the system encounters this DISPLAY command, it displays the Result window containing the part number and name for all blue parts.