How do I get schema information in SQL Server?
Retrieve all schema and their owners in a database
- SELECT s. name AS schema_name,
- s. schema_id,
- u. name AS schema_owner.
- FROM sys. schemas s.
- INNER JOIN sys. sysusers u ON u. uid = s. principal_id.
- ORDER BY s. name;
What is information schema in SQL Server?
The INFORMATION_SCHEMA database is an ANSI standard set of views we can find in SQL Server, but also MySQL. … It provides the read-only access to details related to databases and their objects (tables, constraints, procedures, views…) stored on the server.
What is information schema in database?
In relational databases, the information schema (information_schema) is an ANSI-standard set of read-only views that provide information about all of the tables, views, columns, and procedures in a database.
Is DBO a schema?
dbo is the default schema in SQL Server. You can create your own schemas to allow you to better manage your object namespace.
What is difference between database and schema?
A database is the main container, it contains the data and log files, and all the schemas within it. You always back up a database, it is a discrete unit on its own. Schemas are like folders within a database, and are mainly used to group logical objects together, which leads to ease of setting permissions by schema.
What is schema example?
A schema is an outline, diagram, or model. In computing, schemas are often used to describe the structure of different types of data. Two common examples include database and XML schemas.
What is the difference between data model and schema?
The database schema is one that contains list of attributes and instructions to tell the database engine how data is organised whereas Data model is a collection of conceptional tools for describing data, data-relationship and consistency constraints.
How can I see all tables in a schema?
SQL command to list all tables in Oracle
- Show all tables owned by the current user: SELECT table_name FROM user_tables;
- Show all tables in the current database: SELECT table_name FROM dba_tables;
- Show all tables that are accessible by the current user:
How do I find the schema owner in SQL Server?
How to find a SQL schema owner name
- use msdb.
- select schema_name(schema_id) as schemanames,
- user_name(s.principal_id) as usernames.
- from sys.schemas As s.
- SELECT schema_name, schema_owner.
How do I find MySQL schema information?
Using the Information Schema
- SELECT TABLE_NAME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA. TABLES.
- SELECT TABLE_NAME, COLUMN_NAME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA. COLUMNS.
- SELECT COLUMN_NAME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA. COLUMNS WHERE TABLE_NAME = ‘Album’
- IF EXISTS( SELECT * FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA. …
- IF EXISTS( SELECT * FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.
How do I view an index?
To see the index for a specific table use SHOW INDEX: SHOW INDEX FROM yourtable; To see indexes for all tables within a specific schema you can use the STATISTICS table from INFORMATION_SCHEMA: SELECT DISTINCT TABLE_NAME, INDEX_NAME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.