How do you find the top 1 salary in SQL?
By default ORDER BY clause print rows in ascending order, since we need the highest salary at the top, we have used ORDER BY DESC, which will display salaries in descending order. Again DISTINCT is used to remove duplicates. The outer query will then pick the topmost salary, which would be your Nth highest salary.
How do you calculate top 2 salary in SQL?
The SQL query to calculate second highest salary in database table name as Emp
- SQL> select min(salary) from.
- (select distinct salary from emp order by salary desc)
- where rownum < 3;
- In order to calculate the second highest salary use rownum < 3.
- In order to calculate the third highest salary use rownum < 4.
How do you find first and second highest salary in SQL?
SELECT Salary FROM (SELECT Salary FROM Employee ORDER BY salary DESC LIMIT 2) AS Emp ORDER BY salary LIMIT 1; In this solution, we have first sorted all salaries from the Employee table in decreasing order, so that the 2 highest salaries come at top of the result set.
How can I get top 3 salaries in SQL?
To Find the Third Highest Salary Using a Sub-Query,
- SELECT TOP 1 SALARY.
- FROM (
- SELECT DISTINCT TOP 3 SALARY.
- FROM tbl_Employees.
- ORDER BY SALARY DESC.
- ) RESULT.
- ORDER BY SALARY.
How can I get top 5 salary in SQL?
- SELECT MAX(salary) FROM employee; …
- SELECT MAX(slary), dept_id from employee group by dept_id; …
- select distinct salary from employee order by salary desc limit 5; …
- select distinct salary, dept_id from employee order by salary desc limit 5;
How do I count duplicate rows in SQL?
How to Find Duplicate Values in SQL
- Using the GROUP BY clause to group all rows by the target column(s) – i.e. the column(s) you want to check for duplicate values on.
- Using the COUNT function in the HAVING clause to check if any of the groups have more than 1 entry; those would be the duplicate values.
How can I get highest salary in department wise?
Notice that Smith and Tom belong to the Engg department and both have the same salary, which is the highest in the Engg department. Hence the query “SELECT DeptID, MAX(Salary) FROM EmpDetails GROUP BY DeptID” will not work since MAX() returns a single value.
How do I find top 5 rows in SQL?
SQL SELECT TOP Clause
- SQL Server / MS Access Syntax. SELECT TOP number|percent column_name(s) FROM table_name;
- MySQL Syntax. SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. LIMIT number;
- Example. SELECT * FROM Persons. LIMIT 5;
- Oracle Syntax. SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. WHERE ROWNUM <= number;
- Example. SELECT * FROM Persons.
What is SQL limit?
The SQL LIMIT statement restricts how many rows a query returns. A LIMIT statement appears at the end of a query, after any ORDER BY statements. You can start a LIMIT statement at a particular row using the offset argument.
How do you select a maximum value in SQL?
To find the max value of a column, use the MAX() aggregate function; it takes as its argument the name of the column for which you want to find the maximum value. If you have not specified any other columns in the SELECT clause, the maximum will be calculated for all records in the table.
How do I select duplicates in SQL?
To select duplicate values, you need to create groups of rows with the same values and then select the groups with counts greater than one. You can achieve that by using GROUP BY and a HAVING clause.
What is offset in SQL query?
SQL | OFFSET-FETCH Clause
- The OFFSET argument is used to identify the starting point to return rows from a result set. Basically, it exclude the first set of records. Note:
- The FETCH argument is used to return a set of number of rows. FETCH can’t be used itself, it is used in conjuction with OFFSET. Syntax:
How do I use Rownum in SQL?
You can use ROWNUM to limit the number of rows returned by a query, as in this example: SELECT * FROM employees WHERE ROWNUM < 10; If an ORDER BY clause follows ROWNUM in the same query, then the rows will be reordered by the ORDER BY clause. The results can vary depending on the way the rows are accessed.