How do I find stored procedure history in SQL Server?
Connect to your SQL Server instance when prompted. On the Trace Properties screen, click on the Events Selection tab and select the SP:Completed counter in the Stored Procedures grouping of counters. Click on the General Tab to save the results to a table or file.
How do I get the results of a SQL stored procedure?
To see this yourself, execute any stored procedure from the object explorer, in SQL server management studio.
- Right Click and select Execute Stored Procedure.
- If the procedure, expects parameters, provide the values and click OK.
- Along with the result that you expect, the stored procedure also returns a Return Value = 0.
How do I find SQL query history?
Using SQL Server Management Studio
- In Object Explorer, connect to an instance of the SQL Server Database Engine, and then expand that instance.
- Expand SQL Server Agent, and then expand Jobs.
- Right-click a job, and then click View History.
- In the Log File Viewer, view the job history.
How do I view SQL command history?
To access history commands:
- On the Workspace home page, click SQL Workshop and then SQL Commands. The SQL Commands page appears.
- Click the History tab. The list of commands in History appears in the display pane.
- Click the partial command displayed in the SQL column. The command appears in the editor.
What is difference between stored procedure and function?
The function must return a value but in Stored Procedure it is optional. Even a procedure can return zero or n values. Functions can have only input parameters for it whereas Procedures can have input or output parameters. Functions can be called from Procedure whereas Procedures cannot be called from a Function.
Does stored procedure return value?
A stored procedure does not have a return value but can optionally take input, output, or input-output parameters. A stored procedure can return output through any output or input-output parameter.
What is result set in stored procedure?
In addition to returning output parameters, a stored procedure can return a result set (that is, a result table associated with a cursor opened in the stored procedure) to the application that issues the CALL statement. The application can then issue fetch requests to read the rows of the result set cursor.
Who is active SQL?
sp_whoisactive is a comprehensive activity monitoring stored procedure that works for all versions of SQL Server from 2005 through 2017. You can find the most recent versions on the Downloads page. Documentation is available on the Documentation page.
Can I see historical queries run on a SQL Server database?
There is no way to see queries executed in SSMS by default. There are several options though. Reading transaction log – this is not an easy thing to do because its in proprietary format. However if you need to see queries that were executed historically (except SELECT) this is the only way.
How do I find SQL Server query logs?
View Log Files
- Right-click SQL Server Logs, point to View, and then click either SQL Server Log or SQL Server and Windows Log.
- Expand SQL Server Logs, right-click any log file, and then click View SQL Server Log. You can also double-click any log file.
How do I view phpMyAdmin history?
phpMyAdmin does offer a brief history. If you click on the ‘sql’ icon just underneath the ‘phpMyAdmin’ logo, it’ll open a new window. In the new window, just click on the ‘history’ tab. That will give you the last twenty or so SQL operations.
How do I find SQL query history in MySQL?
How to show the queries log in MySQL?
- Enable Query logging on the database. SET global general_log = 1; SET global log_output = ‘table’;
- Now you can view the log by running this query: SELECT * FROM mysql. general_log;
- If you want to disable query logging on the database, run this query: SET global general_log = 0;
How do I trace SQL Profiler?
METHOD 1 – Use a SQL Template
- Determine what version of SQL Server you have and double-click the link below to download the zip file of SQL templates. …
- Within SQL Profiler, click on File | New Trace. …
- Click RUN to start the trace and the SQL Profiler window will open and the trace is now running.