How do you get a unique value from a column in SQL?
The unique values are fetched when we use the distinct keyword.
- SELECT DISTINCT returns only distinct (different) values.
- DISTINCT eliminates duplicate records from the table.
- DISTINCT can be used with aggregates: COUNT, AVG, MAX, etc.
- DISTINCT operates on a single column.
How do you select unique values in a column?
In Excel, there are several ways to filter for unique values—or remove duplicate values:
- To filter for unique values, click Data > Sort & Filter > Advanced.
- To remove duplicate values, click Data > Data Tools > Remove Duplicates.
What is an SQL query for fetching the unique values of the column Department from the worker table?
SELECT DISTINCT Statement is used to fetch unique records from a table. It only returns distinct values in the result.
Which SQL keyword is used to retrieve a maximum value?
MAX() is the SQL keyword is used to retrieve the maximum value in the selected column.
How do I SELECT only unique rows in SQL?
SELECT DISTINCT returns only unique (i.e. distinct) values. SELECT DISTINCT eliminates duplicate values from the results. DISTINCT can be used with aggregates: COUNT, AVG, MAX, etc. DISTINCT operates on a single column.
How do you eliminate duplicate rows in SQL query without distinct?
Below are alternate solutions :
- Remove Duplicates Using Row_Number. WITH CTE (Col1, Col2, Col3, DuplicateCount) AS ( SELECT Col1, Col2, Col3, ROW_NUMBER() OVER(PARTITION BY Col1, Col2, Col3 ORDER BY Col1) AS DuplicateCount FROM MyTable ) SELECT * from CTE Where DuplicateCount = 1.
- Remove Duplicates using group By.
Does distinct apply to all columns?
Yes, DISTINCT works on all combinations of column values for all columns in the SELECT clause.
How many tables can be join in SQL query?
Theoretically, there is no upper limit on the number of tables that can be joined using a SELECT statement. (One join condition always combines two tables!) However, the Database Engine has an implementation restriction: the maximum number of tables that can be joined in a SELECT statement is 64.
What keyword will you use to retrieve unique rows from table?
DISTINCT or UNIQUE keyword in SQL is used with SELECT statement/query to select only unique records from a table, i.e. it eliminates all duplicate records from a table.
Which SQL keyword is used to retrieve unique values?
The correct answer is option D (Select distinct).
Which is an SQL * Plus command?
SQL*Plus is a command-line tool that provides access to the Oracle RDBMS. SQL*Plus enables you to: Enter SQL*Plus commands to configure the SQL*Plus environment. Startup and shutdown an Oracle database.