How do I fix MySQL installation error?
uninstall all the related features with MySql( use Control Panel > Programs and Features) go to C: drive, make all hidden files visible(view > hidden items), find ProgramData file. delete the MySql file inside hidden ProgramData file manually. Make sure all the MySQL files are deleted, reinstall MySQL.
How do I select a product in MySQL installer?
To initiate the following operations, first click the operation link and then select the product or products to manage: Add: This operation opens the Select Products page. From there you can adjust the filter, select one or more products to download (as needed), and begin the installation.
Which setup to choose for MySQL?
You can pick the “Full” setup option if you want to install all MySQL products available in the catalog including MySQL server, MySQL for Excel, MySQL connectors, MySQL workbench and sample models, Documentation, MySQL for visual studio, MySQL Notifier, and Sample Databases.
How do I install MySQL on a different drive?
- Shutdown mysql.
- Move all the files in your current data directory to the new location (check out the location in step 3 – datadir parameter).
- Locate my. ini file (it is in the mysql installation directory). Change datadir parameter value to point to the new location.
- Start mysql.
How do I configure MySQL?
Set Up a MySQL Database on Windows
- Download and install a MySQL server and MySQL Connector/ODBC (which contains the Unicode driver). …
- Configure the database server for use with Media Server: …
- Add the MySQL bin directory path to the PATH environmental variable. …
- Open the mysql command line tool:
How do I run MySQL installer?
MySQL server installation on your Windows server is as simple as downloading an MSI Installer package and clicking through a few options.
- Download the MySQL Installer from dev.mysql.com. …
- Run the installer that you downloaded from its location on your server, generally by double-clicking.
Can I install MySQL on D drive?
In the latest version of MySQL Installer, the “Advanced Options” link as described here is no longer there. However, you can trick the installer into giving you extra options where you can change the Install Directory and the Data Directory. If you are installing MySQL Server 8.0.
Is there a 64-bit MySQL installer?
Although MySQL Installer is a 32-bit application, it can install both 32-bit and 64-bit binaries. The initial setup adds a link to the Start menu under the MySQL group.
What is root password in MySQL?
In MySQL, by default, the username is root and there’s no password.
How do I find my current MySQL root password?
How to retrieve MySQL root password
- Log in as root into your server through SSH (eg: puTTY/terminal/bash). Alternatively, run the commands that follow as su or sudo as root user. …
- Navigate to /etc/mysql /cd /etc/mysql.
- View the file my. cnf either using the command cat or use any text editing software (vi/vim/nano).
How can I download MySQL for free?
To download MySQL installer, go to the following link http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/installer/. There are two installer files: If you are connecting to the internet while installing MySQL, you can choose the online installation version mysql-installer-web-community-<version>.exe .
Where are MySQL files?
The default data directory location is C:Program FilesMySQLMySQL Server 8.0data , or C:ProgramDataMysql on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008. The C:ProgramData directory is hidden by default. You need to change your folder options to see the directory and contents.
Do I need to install MySQL if I have xampp?
XAMPP only offers MySQL (Database Server) & Apache (Webserver) in one setup and you can manage them with the xampp starter. Press the start Button at the mysql row. Now you’ve successfully started mysql. Now there are 2 different ways to administrate your mysql server and its databases.