How do you write a loop in PL SQL?
PL/SQL For Loop Example 2
- VAR1 NUMBER;
- FOR VAR2 IN 1..10.
- DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE (VAR1*VAR2);
- END LOOP;
How do I create a loop in Oracle SQL query?
Loop Control Statements
- CONTINUE. This keyword sends an instruction to the PL/SQL engine that whenever PL/SQL engine encounters this keyword inside the loop, then it will skip the remaining code in the execution block of the code, and next iteration will start immediately. …
- EXIT / EXIT WHEN. …
How do you write a for loop in SQL?
I am detailing answer on ways to achieve different types of loops in SQL server.
- FOR Loop. DECLARE @cnt INT = 0; WHILE @cnt < 10 BEGIN PRINT ‘Inside FOR LOOP’; SET @cnt = @cnt + 1; END; PRINT ‘Done FOR LOOP’;
- DO.. WHILE Loop. …
- REPEAT..UNTIL Loop.
Can we use basic loop in PL SQL?
PL/SQL Basic Loop
Basic loop or simple loop is preferred in PL/SQL code when there is no surety about how many times the block of code is to be repeated. … A basic/simple loop can be terminated at any given point by using the exit statement or by specifying certain condition by using the statement exit when .
What is basic loop?
Advertisements. Basic loop structure encloses sequence of statements in between the LOOP and END LOOP statements. With each iteration, the sequence of statements is executed and then control resumes at the top of the loop.
What is difference between simple loop while loop & FOR loop?
For loop vs While loop
The difference between for loop and while loop is that in for loop the number of iterations to be done is already known and is used to obtain a certain result whereas in while loop the command runs until a certain condition is reached and the statement is proved to be false.
How do you end a loop in PL SQL?
Note: You must follow these steps while using PL/SQL Exit Loop.
- Initialize a variable before the loop body.
- Increment the variable in the loop.
- You should use EXIT WHEN statement to exit from the Loop. Otherwise the EXIT statement without WHEN condition, the statements in the Loop is executed only once.
How do you create a loop?
for loop in C
- The init step is executed first, and only once. This step allows you to declare and initialize any loop control variables. …
- Next, the condition is evaluated. …
- After the body of the ‘for’ loop executes, the flow of control jumps back up to the increment statement. …
- The condition is now evaluated again.
Can you create loops in SQL?
In programming, a loop allows you to write a set of code that will run repeatedly within the same program. Many programming languages have several different types of loop to choose from, but in SQL Server there is only one: the WHILE loop.
How do I run a SQL query in a for loop?
Running a Query Inside the Loop
- WHILE @Counter <= @MaxOscars.
- SET @NumFilms =
- SELECT COUNT(*)
- FROM tblFilm.
- WHERE FilmOscarWins = @Counter.
- SET @Counter += 1.
What is a nested loop give an example?
A nested loop is a (inner) loop that appears in the loop body of another (outer) loop. The inner or outer loop can be any type: while, do while, or for. For example, the inner loop can be a while loop while an outer loop can be a for loop.
How many types of loop are there in PL SQL?
There are 4 types of PL/SQL Loops.
How do you stop an infinite loop in PL SQL?
END LOOP; With each iteration of the loop, the sequence of statements is executed, then control resumes at the top of the loop. You use an EXIT statement to stop looping and prevent an infinite loop. You can place one or more EXIT statements anywhere inside a loop, but not outside a loop.
What is procedure in PL SQL with example?
Procedure Vs. Function: Key Differences
|Used mainly to a execute certain process||Used mainly to perform some calculation|
|Cannot call in SELECT statement||A Function that contains no DML statements can be called in SELECT statement|
|Use OUT parameter to return the value||Use RETURN to return the value|