How can find even and odd records in SQL Server?
Syntax. To find and return the records with the odd or even values, the most simple way is to check the remainder when we divide the column value by 2. When the remainder is 0, that’s an even number, otherwise, that’s an odd number.
How do you check if a function is even or odd in SQL?
Use the modulus operator n % 2 . It returns 0 if the number is even, and 1 if the number is odd.
How do I get random records in SQL Server?
How to Return Random Rows Efficiently in SQL Server
- select top(20) * from Orders order by newid() …
- TABLESAMPLE [SYSTEM] (sample_number [ PERCENT | ROWS ] ) [ REPEATABLE (repeat_seed) ] …
- Select * from Orders TABLESAMPLE(20 rows) …
- Select top(500) * from Orders TABLESAMPLE(1000 rows)
How do I retrieve alternate rows in SQL?
How to get the alternate rows or records from table in sql server
- ;WITH PRS (Name, Gender, R)
- SELECT NAME, GENDER, ROW_NUMBER() OVER(PARTITION BY GENDER ORDER BY GENDER) AS R.
- FROM #PERSON.
- SELECT NAME, GENDER FROM PRS ORDER BY R, GENDER DESC.
What is upper in SQL query?
In SQL Server (Transact-SQL), the UPPER function converts all letters in the specified string to uppercase.
How do you fetch intersecting records of two tables?
If you are using SQL Server 2005, then you can use Intersect Key word, which gives you common records. If you want in the output both column1 and column2 from table1 which has common columns1 in both tables. Yes, INNER JOIN will work.
How do you select odd number rows in SQL?
Selecting ODD or EVEN rows from a table
- Write a subquery with an ORDER BY clause. Along with the data columns, select the pseudocolumn rownum with an alias, say rn.
- In the outer query, reference the alias rn and use the mod function to get odd rows or even rows.
How do you query without duplicates?
SQL SELECT DISTINCT Explanation
SELECT DISTINCT returns only unique (i.e. distinct) values. SELECT DISTINCT eliminates duplicate values from the results. DISTINCT can be used with aggregates: COUNT, AVG, MAX, etc. DISTINCT operates on a single column.
How do I find the shortest and longest string in SQL?
SELECT CITY,LENGTH(CITY) FROM STATION WHERE LENGTH(CITY) IN ( SELECT MAX(LENGTH(CITY)) FROM STATION UNION SELECT MIN(LENGTH(CITY)) FROM STATION ) ORDER BY CITY ASC; When ordered alphabetically, Let the CITY names are listed as ABC, DEF, PQRS, and WXY, with the respective lengths 3,3,4, and 3.
How do you filter duplicates in SQL query?
The go to solution for removing duplicate rows from your result sets is to include the distinct keyword in your select statement. It tells the query engine to remove duplicates to produce a result set in which every row is unique. The group by clause can also be used to remove duplicates.
How do you do not in SQL?
Overview. The SQL Server NOT IN operator is used to replace a group of arguments using the <> (or !=) operator that are combined with an AND. It can make code easier to read and understand for SELECT, UPDATE or DELETE SQL commands.
How do I get random records in MySQL?
MySQL selects random records using ORDER BY RAND()
LIMIT 1; Let’s look at the request in more detail. The RAND() function generates a random value for each row in the table. The ORDER BY clause sorts all rows in the table by the random number generated by the RAND() function.
How can I get first 100 rows in SQL?
The SQL SELECT TOP Clause
- SQL Server / MS Access Syntax: SELECT TOP number|percent column_name(s) FROM table_name. …
- MySQL Syntax: SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. …
- Oracle 12 Syntax: SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. …
- Older Oracle Syntax: SELECT column_name(s) …
- Older Oracle Syntax (with ORDER BY): SELECT *