How do I customize SQL Server?
How to customise SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- 1 – Create a list of comma-separated columns. …
- Tools > Options > Text Editor.
- Tools > Options > Environment > Startup.
- Options > Connection Properties > Use custom colour.
- Reports > Standard Reports > Pick your report.
- Tables > Right click > Filter > Filter Settings.
What are the topics in SQL Server?
The 10 areas we will cover in this article:
- Key elements of a database.
- Relational Keys.
- Select Queries.
- Data Modelling.
- Fact and Dimension Table Types.
- Star Schema.
- Snow Flake Schema.
What is SQL Server with example?
SQL Server is defined as a relational database management system (RDBMS) developed by Microsoft. T-SQL means Transact-SQL, a propriety Language by Microsoft. Microsoft and Sybase released version 1.0 in 1989. Various Editions of SQL Server are Enterprise, Standard, Web, Developer, and Express.
Where are SQL templates stored?
Templates are boilerplate files containing SQL scripts that help you create objects in a database. The first time the template explorer is opened, a copy of the templates are placed in the user’s folder in C:Users, under AppDataRoamingMicrosoftSQL Server Management Studio130Templates.
Where can I find SQL server settings?
To view or change server properties
- On the Start menu, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft SQL Server, point to Configuration Tools, and then click SQL Server Configuration Manager.
- In SQL Server Configuration Manager, select SQL Server Services.
For example, to open the Edit menu, press ALT+E. You can rearrange and modify toolbar buttons, menus, and menu commands by using the Customize dialog box.
Which is the best SQL database?
Best SQL servers and relational databases
- Microsoft SQL. Vendor: Microsoft. User Reviews: 1,332. …
- MySQL. Vendor: Oracle. User Reviews: 884. …
- Oracle Database 12c. Vendor: Oracle. User Reviews: 411. …
- Amazon Relational Database Service (AWS RDS) Vendor: AWS. User Reviews: 164. …
- PostgreSQL. Vendor: PostgreSQL. User Reviews: 302.
What is difference between stored procedure and function?
The function must return a value but in Stored Procedure it is optional. Even a procedure can return zero or n values. Functions can have only input parameters for it whereas Procedures can have input or output parameters. Functions can be called from Procedure whereas Procedures cannot be called from a Function.
What is the difference between MySQL and SQL Server?
SQL is a query language, whereas MySQL is a relational database that uses SQL to query a database. You can use SQL to access, update, and manipulate the data stored in a database. … SQL is used for writing queries for databases, MySQL facilitates data storing, modifying, and management in a tabular format.
How do I connect to a local SQL Server?
Use SSMS to Connect to the Local Default Instance
- For Server Type it is Database Engine.
- For the Server Name, we can simply use a dot (.) which will connect to the local default instance of SQL Server.
- For the Authentication you can select Windows or SQL Server. …
- Then click Connect.
What is the difference between SQL Server versions?
The most well known differences between SQL Express and other editions are the caps on database size (10GB) and lack of a SQL Agent feature. There are many other differences though, some of which can be extremely important for some application and architecture requirements.
Which companies use SQL Server?
Companies Currently Using Microsoft SQL Server
|Crowe Horwath LLP||crowe.com||(630) 574-7878|
|CURO Financial Technologies Corp.||curo.com||(316) 722-3801|