Where can I find index php?
php files are in the web/ directory.
How do I edit index HTML in cPanel?
Editing a file using the HTML Editor
- Log in to cPanel. …
- In the FILES section of the cPanel home screen, click File Manager:
- In the File Manager main window, select the file that you want to edit.
- Click the HTML Editor icon:
- Select the character set encoding that the file uses. …
- Click Edit.
How do I make index php my default page?
A default Web page is the page that opens when you navigate to a domain without the Web page specified.
- Right-click the HTML file you want to convert. …
- Type “index. …
- Upload the file to your Web host. …
- Set the new index.php file as the default Web page.
How do I change index php?
Change your home page index through the . htaccess file
- Login to cPanel.
- Then select the File Manager icon below the Files category.
- Next click the Settings button at the top right.
- At the popup window select your domain’s root folder, make sure that the Show Hidden Files checkbox is selected and click Save.
Is Index PHP necessary?
Only thing is you need PHP(or any other server side scripting language) to make your site dynamic. Like you have a login page,you can surely make it as inde.
What should index PHP contain?
The index. php file for a template contains a mixture of code that will be delivered as it is, and php code, which will be modified before it is delivered. The code will be familiar to anyone who has designed a simple html webpage: there are 2 main sections – theand .
Where is index HTML in cPanel?
2 Answers. If it is a WordPress website, the index file should be under this directory: /website-root/wp-content/themes/ the theme folder. The theme, that’s active on your website should be mentioned under Appearance > Themes. If you’re not sure which one it is in /themes directory, look for the title here.
Is cPanel a website builder?
The website builder can be accessed via cPanel: Simply connect to your cPanel account and look for “SOFTWARE” section. … You will be forwarded to the page and will have to select a domain, which will be used for your website created with this website builder.
Which PHP page is run by default?
As a rule the file called index is the default start page. This means that this page will be shown first when you access your domain, directly (www.example.com). Furthermore, index. php will always be shown before index.
Can you use PHP instead of HTML?
PHP is used for server-side programming which will interact with databases to retrieve information, storing, email sending, and provides content to HTML pages to display on the screen. HTML is used for specifying colors, text formatting, aligning, etc. … PHP can’t be used in an HTML file. HTML can be used in a PHP file.
How do I set default page?
Choose your homepage
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More. Settings.
- Under “Appearance,” turn on Show Home button.
- Below “Show Home button,” choose to use the New Tab page or a custom page.
What is .htaccess file in PHP?
Htaccess is a configuration file of apache which is used to make changes in the configuration on a directory basis. Htaccess file is used to do changes in functions and features of the apache server. Htaccess is used to rewrite the URL. It is used to make site address protected.
Why is index HTML not working?
If you’ve just placed an index. html or index. php file on your server’s document root folder, for example: /public_html/ and you’re still not getting it to load these files upon a request to your domain, chances are your server is missing a specific configuration for the “DirectoryIndex Directive”.