How do I get last 10 rows in SQL?
The following is the syntax to get the last 10 records from the table. Here, we have used LIMIT clause. SELECT * FROM ( SELECT * FROM yourTableName ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 10 )Var1 ORDER BY id ASC; Let us now implement the above query.
How do I get top 10 results in SQL?
Example – Using TOP PERCENT keyword
SELECT TOP(10) PERCENT employee_id, last_name, first_name FROM employees WHERE last_name = ‘Anderson’ ORDER BY employee_id; This SQL Server SELECT TOP example would select the first 10% of the records from the full result set.
How do I get all rows in SQL Server?
SQL Server Select all Rows
- Click on Tools in the menu, and then Options.
- Select SQL Server Object Explorer. From the options on the right-hand side, look for the fields Value for Edit Top <n>Rows Command and. Value for Select Top <n> Rows Command.
- Set both these values to 0.
How do I count duplicate rows in SQL?
How to Find Duplicate Values in SQL
- Using the GROUP BY clause to group all rows by the target column(s) – i.e. the column(s) you want to check for duplicate values on.
- Using the COUNT function in the HAVING clause to check if any of the groups have more than 1 entry; those would be the duplicate values.
How can I get first 100 rows in SQL?
The SQL SELECT TOP Clause
- SQL Server / MS Access Syntax: SELECT TOP number|percent column_name(s) FROM table_name. …
- MySQL Syntax: SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. …
- Oracle 12 Syntax: SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. …
- Older Oracle Syntax: SELECT column_name(s) …
- Older Oracle Syntax (with ORDER BY): SELECT *
How can I get top 3 salary in SQL?
To Find the Third Highest Salary Using a Sub-Query,
- SELECT TOP 1 SALARY.
- FROM (
- SELECT DISTINCT TOP 3 SALARY.
- FROM tbl_Employees.
- ORDER BY SALARY DESC.
- ) RESULT.
- ORDER BY SALARY.
How do I get last 3 records in SQL?
SELECT * FROM (select * from suppliers ORDER BY supplier_name DESC) suppliers2 WHERE rownum <= 3 ORDER BY rownum DESC; Notice that although you want the last 3 records sorted by supplier_name in ascending order, you actually sort the supplier_name in descending order in this solution.
How do I SELECT more than 1000 rows in SQL?
By default in SSMS, you can select 1000 Rows and Edit 200 Rows.
- If you would like to change the default value then go to SSMS > Tools > Options:
- In the Options dialog box, highlight SQL Server Object Explorer and change the default values to any number as per your requirements.
How do I SELECT specific rows in SQL?
To select rows using selection symbols for character or graphic data, use the LIKE keyword in a WHERE clause, and the underscore and percent sign as selection symbols. You can create multiple row conditions, and use the AND, OR, or IN keywords to connect the conditions.
How do I COUNT the number of rows in SQL?
Use the COUNT aggregate function to count the number of rows in a table. This function takes the name of the column as its argument (e.g., id ) and returns the number of rows for this particular column in the table (e.g., 5).
How do I count the number of rows in SQL without counting?
Count Rows of a table Without using Count() Function
- SELECT so.[name] as.
- , CASE WHEN si. indid between 1 and 254.
- THEN si.[name] ELSE NULL END.
- AS [Index Name]
- , si. indid, rows.
- FROM sys. sysindexes si.
- INNER JOIN sysobjects so.
- ON si. id = so. id.
What is offset in SQL query?
SQL | OFFSET-FETCH Clause
- The OFFSET argument is used to identify the starting point to return rows from a result set. Basically, it exclude the first set of records. Note:
- The FETCH argument is used to return a set of number of rows. FETCH can’t be used itself, it is used in conjuction with OFFSET. Syntax: