- Step 1: Reproduce the bug.
- Step 2: Get familiar with the Sources panel UI.
- Step 3: Pause the code with a breakpoint.
- Step 4: Step through the code.
- Step 5: Set a line-of-code breakpoint.
- Step 6: Check variable values. Method 1: The Scope pane. Method 2: Watch Expressions. …
- Step 7: Apply a fix.
- Next steps.
- Step 1: Reproduce the bug. …
- Step 2: Get familiar with the Sources tool UI. …
- Step 3: Pause the code with a breakpoint. …
- Step 4: Step through the code. …
- Step 5: Set a line-of-code breakpoint. …
- Step 6: Check variable values.
How do you debug?
7 Steps to Debug Efficiently and Effectively
- 1) Always Reproduce the Bug Before You Start Changing Code.
- 2) Understand Stack Traces.
- 3) Write a Test Case that Reproduces the Bug.
- 4) Know Your Error Codes.
- 5) Google! Bing! Duck! Duck! Go!
- 6) Pair Program Your Way Out of It.
- 7) Celebrate Your Fix.
How do I debug my browser?
To get to the debugger:
- Chrome: Open the Developer tools and then select the Sources tab. …
- Edge and Internet Explorer 11: Press F12 and then, Ctrl + 3 , or if the tools are already displayed, click on the Debugger tab.
Which is best HTML debugging tool?
Top 12 Cross-Browser Debugging Tools
- Firefox Developer Tools. Firefox Developer Tools is an amazing set of tools with a lot of features to examine, explore and debug websites and web pages. …
- Chrome Developer Tools. …
- Web Developer. …
- Internet Explorer Web Edge (Developer) Toolbar. …
- Fiddler. …
- Open Dragonfly. …
- DebugBar. …
What is the best debugging app?
Top 8 Mobile App Debugging Tools
- Chrome Mobile.
- Flipboard FLEX.
What is meant by debugging tools?
Debugging tools (called debuggers) are used to identify coding errors at various development stages. They are used to reproduce the conditions in which error has occurred, then examine the program state at that time and locate the cause.
Press Command+Option+J (Mac) or Control+Shift+J (Windows, Linux, Chrome OS) to jump straight into the Console panel of Chrome DevTools. Or, navigate to More Tools > Developer Tools from Chrome menu, and click Console tab. The error console will open. If you don’t see any errors try reloading the page.
- Open Chrome on your computer.
- Click. Settings.
- Click Privacy and security.
- Click Site settings.
- Turn on Allowed (recommended).
Debuggers provide fine-grained control over the state of the script through an interface that allows you to examine and set values as well as control the flow of execution.