How do I get a list of months in SQL?
;WITH months(MonthNumber) AS ( SELECT 0 UNION ALL SELECT MonthNumber+1 FROM months WHERE MonthNumber How do I sort A to Z in SQL?
Results are usually sorted in Ascending order (A to Z); however, you can sort in descending order (Z to A) using the DESC keyword. To do so just add the DESC keyword to the end of the column. You can add the key word to the end of any column in the SQL ORDER BY clause.
How do I sort by month and year in SQL?
If you order by month , year separately, it will go in ascending order of month in alphabetical order (April before January). If you order by order date id will be ordered based on a date value which is of course ordered by month/year.
How do I sort by date in SQL query?
Introduction to SQL ORDER BY DATE
- Syntax and parameters:
- Using DESC to sort records in descending order.
- Using DATE PARTS such as MONTH, DAY, HOUR, etc. as an argument in ORDER BY clause.
- Using two DATE arguments in ORDER BY clause.
- Using DATE obtained from DATEADD function as an argument in ORDER BY clause.
How do I get current date in SQL?
To get the current date and time in SQL Server, use the GETDATE() function. This function returns a datetime data type; in other words, it contains both the date and the time, e.g. 2019-08-20 10:22:34 . (Note: This function doesn’t take any arguments, so you don’t have to put anything in the brackets.)
How do I find the months between two dates?
Just created a class.
- public class BhanuHelper.
- public static Array GetMonths(DateTime date1, DateTime date2)
- //Note – You may change the format of date as required.
- return GetDates(date1, date2).Select(x => x.ToString(“MMMM yyyy”)).ToArray();
What does ORDER BY 1 do in SQL?
SQL Server allows you to sort the result set based on the ordinal positions of columns that appear in the select list. In this example, 1 means the first_name column and 2 means the last_name column.
How do I arrange names in alphabetical order in SQL?
The ORDER BY statement in SQL is used to sort the fetched data in either ascending or descending according to one or more columns.
- By default ORDER BY sorts the data in ascending order.
- We can use the keyword DESC to sort the data in descending order and the keyword ASC to sort in ascending order.
What is the order of operations in SQL?
Six Operations to Order: SELECT, FROM, WHERE, GROUP BY, HAVING, and ORDER BY. By using examples, we will explain the execution order of the six most common operations or pieces in an SQL query. Because the database executes query components in a specific order, it’s helpful for the developer to know this order.
How do I sort by month in access query?
On the Home tab, in the Sort & Filter group, click Advanced and then click Advanced Filter/Sort on the shortcut menu. Type an expression in the Field row in the first column. For example, to sort by month regardless of the year, type the expression Expr1: DatePart(“m”,[BirthDate]) in the Field row in the first column.
What are the date functions in SQL?
SQL | Date functions
- NOW(): Returns the current date and time. …
- CURDATE(): Returns the current date. …
- CURTIME(): Returns the current time. …
- DATE(): Extracts the date part of a date or date/time expression. …
- EXTRACT(): Returns a single part of a date/time. …
- DATE_ADD() : Adds a specified time interval to a date.
What is FN in SQL?
FN makes your connection resort to ODBC level calls and use the WEEK function and calculate the week value for created column. It will be faster to use DATEPART(WEEK, Created) instead.