How do you create a table similar to a table?
You can create one table from another by adding a SELECT statement at the end of the CREATE TABLE statement:
- CREATE TABLE new_tbl [AS] SELECT * FROM orig_tbl;
- mysql> CREATE TABLE bar (UNIQUE (n)) SELECT n FROM foo;
- CREATE TABLE foo (a TINYINT NOT NULL) SELECT b+1 AS a FROM bar;
How do I create an exact same table in SQL?
How to Duplicate a Table in MySQL
- CREATE TABLE new_table AS SELECT * FROM original_table;
- CREATE TABLE new_table LIKE original_table;
- INSERT INTO new_table SELECT * FROM original_table;
How do you create a table with the same structure with data?
If you want to copy the entire structure, you need to generate a Create Script of the table. You can use that script to create a new table with the same structure. You can then also dump the data into the new table if you need to.
How do you replicate a table in SQL?
To duplicate a table in Query Editor
- Make sure you are connected to the database in which you want to create the table and that the database is selected in Object Explorer.
- Right-click the table you wish to duplicate, point to Script Table as, then point to CREATE to, and then select New Query Editor Window.
How do you create a table inside a table in SQL?
SQL Server CREATE TABLE
- First, specify the name of the database in which the table is created. …
- Second, specify the schema to which the new table belongs.
- Third, specify the name of the new table.
- Fourth, each table should have a primary key which consists of one or more columns.
Which command is used to insert values in a table?
Insert command is used to insert data into a table. Following is its general syntax, INSERT INTO table_name VALUES(data1, data2, …)
How do I make a table?
Create a new table in an existing database
- Click File > Open, and click the database if it is listed under Recent. If not, select one of the browse options to locate the database.
- In the Open dialog box, select the database that you want to open, and then click Open.
- On the Create tab, in the Tables group, click Table.
What is query for second highest salary?
We can nest the above query to find the second largest salary. select *from employee group by salary order by salary desc limit 1,1; There are other ways : SELECT name, MAX(salary) AS salary FROM employee WHERE salary IN (SELECT salary FROM employee MINUS SELECT MAX(salary) FROM employee);
How do you fetch intersecting records of two tables?
If you are using SQL Server 2005, then you can use Intersect Key word, which gives you common records. If you want in the output both column1 and column2 from table1 which has common columns1 in both tables. Yes, INNER JOIN will work.
How do you create a table with the same structure without data?
CREATE TABLE new_table AS (SELECT * FROM old_table WHERE 1=2); For example: CREATE TABLE suppliers AS (SELECT * FROM companies WHERE 1=2); This would create a new table called suppliers that included all columns from the companies table, but no data from the companies table.
How do I display the last 10 records of a table?
The following is the syntax to get the last 10 records from the table. Here, we have used LIMIT clause. SELECT * FROM ( SELECT * FROM yourTableName ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 10 )Var1 ORDER BY id ASC; Let us now implement the above query.
How do you create a table in SQL without using Create command?
In standard SQL there is no way to use a table without creating it. There is a shortcut to create table based on a select statement.
How do you know if a table is in replication?
select * from sys. tables where is_replicated = 1, which will give you a list of all tables that are replicated.
How do I copy a table from one table to another in SQL Server?
Using SQL Server Management Studio
- Open the table with columns you want to copy and the one you want to copy into by right-clicking the tables, and then clicking Design.
- Click the tab for the table with the columns you want to copy and select those columns.
- From the Edit menu, click Copy.