- In your favorite text editor, open the file hello. …
- Click in the empty line just before the closing </head> tag and type: <script> …
- Press the Return key to create a new blank line, and type: …
- Press the Return key once more, and type </script> . …
- Launch a web browser and open the hello.
- Self-Guided Websites and Courses. The Internet is, above all else, a repository of knowledge. …
- Books. When in doubt, read a book. …
- Coding Boot Camps. Maybe the self-taught route isn’t for you. …
- Meetups and Networking Events. …
- Starting Your Own Projects.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More. Settings.
- Click Privacy and security. Site settings.
- Turn on Allowed (recommended).
On web browser menu click “Tools” icon and select “Internet Options”. In the “Internet Options” window select the “Security” tab. … When the “Security Settings – Internet Zone” dialog window opens, look for the “Scripting” section. In the “Active Scripting” item select “Enable”.
Running a JS program from the command line is handled by NodeJS. Start by installing NodeJS on local machine if necessary. Now simply open the command line in the same directory as the index. js script you created (VS Code will do this automatically with the integrated terminal).
- Install the Code Runner Extension.