What is var lib in MySQL?
In the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard, /var/lib is listed as containing: State information. Persistent data modified by programs as they run, e.g., databases, packaging system metadata, etc. So it is very much because it is the traditional/documented place to put such things.
Can I delete var lib MySQL?
2 Answers. Alternativly you can cd into /var/lib/mysql and delete folders and files. MySQL / MYIASM uses one directory per database and a few files per table (you can see the table name in the filename). You can delete them.
Where is the var lib file in MySQL?
By default, the datadir is set to /var/lib/mysql in the /etc/mysql/mysql.
Can I copy var lib MySQL?
It’s perfectly OK as long as you shut down the MySQL sever first and use exactly the same version to retrieve the “backup”. Otherwise it isn’t. I’ll go with a strong NO. From my experience, backing up/restoring raw mysql data files can be used only on the same os/server version.
How can I see all MySQL databases?
To list all databases in MySQL, execute the following command: mysql> show databases; This command will work for you whether you have Ubuntu VPS or CentOS VPS. If you have other databases created in MySQL, they will be listed here.
What is Ib_logfile in MySQL?
The redo log is a disk-based data structure used during crash recovery to correct data written by incomplete transactions. … By default, the redo log is physically represented on disk by two files named ib_logfile0 and ib_logfile1 . MySQL writes to the redo log files in a circular fashion.
How do I free up space in MySQL?
Save your MySQL database from running out of disk space
- Have a backup. …
- Stop the application. …
- Dump the unexported records to a file on another server: …
- Show last ID of events table as TRUNCATE will reset your sequence for IDs.
How do I reinitialize MySQL?
To reinitialize MySQL, perform the following steps:
- Disable the service: whmapi1 configureservice service=mysql enabled=1 monitored=0.
- Stop the service: /scripts/restartsrv_mysql –stop.
- Check to make sure you have enough disk space before you move the MySQL folder; this can be done with du and df -h:
How set MySQL root password?
How to Reset or Change MySQL Root Password on Linux or Windows
- Step 1: Log in as the MySQL User.
- Step 2: Find the .pid File for the MySQL Service.
- Step 3: Kill the mysqld Process.
- Step 4: Create the Password File.
- Step 5: Restart the MySQL Server and Apply the New Password.
- Step 6: Cleaning Up.
How do I start MySQL?
Open the mysql command line tool:
- In the Windows Command Prompt, run the command: mysql -u userName -p.
- Enter your password when prompted.
How do I find MySQL path?
- Open up MySQL’s configuration file: less /etc/my.cnf.
- Search for the term “datadir”: /datadir.
- If it exists, it will highlight a line that reads: datadir = [path]
- You can also manually look for that line. …
- If that line does not exist, then MySQL will default to: /var/lib/mysql.
How do I export a MySQL database?
- Connect to your database using phpMyAdmin.
- From the left-side, select your database.
- Click the Export tab at the top of the panel.
- Select the Custom option.
- You can select the file format for your database. …
- Click Select All in the Export box to choose to export all tables.
How do I dump all MySQL databases?
To create a backup of all MySQL server databases, run the following command:
- mysqldump –user root –password –all-databases > all-databases.sql. …
- mysql –user root –password mysql < all-databases.sql. …
- mysql –user root –password [db_name] < [db_name].sql. …
- select @@datadir;