How can I make API call faster in PHP?
- Put the API requests in a cronjob, that’s called automatically every x minutes. …
- Save the result to a local database or cache (MySQL, Redis, Memcache, …)
- For your calculation only read from your local copy of the values, which will be a lot faster than querying the services every time.
How do I speed up API for multiple usage?
How to Speed Up Your App’s API Consumption
- Make multiple requests at a time. When a typical PHP script is being executed, the commands put in the code are run one after the other. …
- Separate API calls from the app main flow. …
- Build a smart cache engine. …
- Last but not least: master the API documentation.
How can I speed up my API?
Improving Web API performance
- Use the fastest JSON serializer available. …
- Use compression techniques. …
- Use faster data access strategies. …
- Use caching. …
- Use asynchronous methods judiciously.
How do I speed up cURL requests?
To speed up cURL I recommend create special class for API (e.g. ApiClient ) and use one shared cURL handler, only change URL for every request. Also cut off requests for name resolving and use gzipped response.
How can I access REST API in PHP?
You can access any REST API with PHPs cURL Extension.
- @Michiel: The HTTP Request Method (GET, POST, PUT etc.). …
- @Michiel $data is an associative array (data[fieldname] = value) which holds the data sent to the api method. …
- Thanks for your great assistance!
How can I speed up API calls in laravel?
Tips to Improve Laravel Performance
- Config caching.
- Routes caching.
- Remove Unused Service.
- Classmap optimization.
- Optimizing the composer autoload.
- Limit Use Of Plugins.
- JIT Compiler.
- Choose a faster cache and session driver.
Should I cache API calls?
Optimizing the network using caching improves the overall quality-of-service in the following ways: Reduce bandwidth. Reduce latency. Reduce load on servers.
Can you cache API calls?
If your code is going to be calling this API, you can cache the results in your own code.
What is a good API response time?
A one-second response time is generally the maximum acceptable limit, as users still likely won’t notice a delay. Anything more than one second is problematic, and with a delay of around five or six seconds a user will typically leave the website or application entirely.
How fast should an API be?
10 seconds is about the limit for keeping the user’s attention focused on the dialogue. For longer delays, users will want to perform other tasks while waiting for the computer to finish, so they should be given feedback indicating when the computer expects to be done.
Why is my API slow?
Having too many random calls can cause low hit rate. In that case you are losing the benefits of a caching mechanism. When you don’t have these or similar kind of constraints, a cache can speed up the APIs significantly.
What is REST API services?
A REST API (also known as RESTful API) is an application programming interface (API or web API) that conforms to the constraints of REST architectural style and allows for interaction with RESTful web services. REST stands for representational state transfer and was created by computer scientist Roy Fielding.
What is Curl_multi_exec?
curl_multi_exec(CurlMultiHandle $multi_handle , int &$still_running ): int. Processes each of the handles in the stack. This method can be called whether or not a handle needs to read or write data.