How convert comma separated values into columns in SQL?
Lets split the comma separated phone number list into columns, For this we will use Cross Apply operator, String_Split function and SQL pivot. Following query is used for splitting a comma separated phone number list into columns.
How do I change a comma separated row into a column?
In the Split Cells dialog box, select Split to Rows or Split to Columns in the Type section as you need. And in the Specify a separator section, select the Other option, enter the comma symbol into the textbox, and then click the OK button.
How convert comma separated values into rows in SQL?
- create FUNCTION [dbo].[fn_split](
- @delimited NVARCHAR(MAX),
- @delimiter NVARCHAR(100)
- ) RETURNS @table TABLE (id INT IDENTITY(1,1), [value] NVARCHAR(MAX))
- DECLARE @xml XML.
- SET @xml = N'<t>’ + REPLACE(@delimited,@delimiter,'</t><t>’) + ‘</t>’
How remove comma separated values in SQL query?
The strategy is to first double up every comma (replace , with ,, ) and append and prepend a comma (to the beginning and the end of the string). Then remove every occurrence of ,3, . From what is left, replace every ,, back with a single , and finally remove the leading and trailing , .
How do I separate comma separated values in MySQL?
You could use a prepared statement inside the stored procedure to achieve this. You can create the whole select query as a string inside a variable and then concatenate in the comma delimited string into its IN clause. Then you can make a prepared statement from the query string variable and execute it.
How do I separate comma separated values in Excel?
- Select the cell or column that contains the text you want to split.
- Select Data > Text to Columns.
- In the Convert Text to Columns Wizard, select Delimited > Next.
- Select the Delimiters for your data. …
- Select Next.
- Select the Destination in your worksheet which is where you want the split data to appear.
How do you convert a list to a comma separated string?
Approach: This can be achieved with the help of join() method of String as follows.
- Get the List of String.
- Form a comma separated String from the List of String using join() method by passing comma ‘, ‘ and the list as parameters.
- Print the String.
How do I convert a column to a comma separated string in Excel?
How to Create a Comma Separated List from Excel
- Insert an empty column next to your IDs.
- Type a comma in the cell next to the first ID.
- Hold your mouse on the lower-right of the cell containing the column and double-click.
- You should now have commas next to your IDs.
How do I get comma separated values in SQL query?
The returned Employee Ids are separated (delimited) by comma using the COALESCE function in SQL Server.
- CREATE PROCEDURE GetEmployeesByCity.
- @City NVARCHAR(15)
- ,@EmployeeIds VARCHAR(200) OUTPUT.
- SET NOCOUNT ON;
- SELECT @EmployeeIds = COALESCE(@EmployeeIds + ‘,’, ”) + CAST(EmployeeId AS VARCHAR(5))
- FROM Employees.
How do you escape a comma in SQL?
Special characters such as commas and quotes must be “escaped,” which means you place a backslash in front of the character to insert the character as a part of the MySQL string.
How do I have multiple rows in one row in SQL?
STUFF Function in SQL Server
- Create a database.
- Create 2 tables as in the following.
- Execute this SQL Query to get the student courseIds separated by a comma. USE StudentCourseDB. SELECT StudentID, CourseIDs=STUFF. ( ( SELECT DISTINCT ‘, ‘ + CAST(CourseID AS VARCHAR(MAX)) FROM StudentCourses t2.
How do I separate a comma separated string in SQL?
A) Using the STRING_SPLIT() function to split comma-separated value string
- SELECT value FROM STRING_SPLIT(‘red,green,,blue’, ‘,’); …
- SELECT value FROM STRING_SPLIT(‘red,green,,blue’, ‘,’) WHERE TRIM(value) <> ”;