How do I view a database diagram in SQL Server?
To open a database diagram
- In Object Explorer, expand the Database Diagrams folder.
- Double-click the name of the database diagram you want to open. -or- Right-click the name of the database diagram you want to open, and then choose Design Database Diagram.
How do I view the contents of a SQL database?
To view the contents of a database:
- Attach the database in the Object Explorer.
- In the Object Explorer, select the database you attached and expand its contents.
- From the Tables category, select the table you want to view.
- Right-click on the table name and select Edit Top 200 Rows from the contextual menu.
How do I store and retrieve an image in SQL?
Retrieving and Display Image
Clear the image of the picture box if there is image. Create Connection to the Database. Create a SQL command object call cmd by passing name of the stored procedure and database connection. Set CommandType Property of the object cmd to stored procedure type.
What is database with diagram?
Database diagrams graphically show the structure of the database. Using database diagrams you can create and modify tables, columns, relationships, and keys. Additionally, you can modify indexes and constraints.
How do I view SQL database relationships?
- Open your SQL Server management studio and enter into your DB.
- Enter into Database Diagrams and search for diagrams.
- If there is no diagram, create a new diagram (right mouse click – New Database Diagram)
- Inside the Diagram use right mouse click, add all the relevant tables and see the relationships.
How can I see all schemas in SQL?
Retrieve all schema and their owners in a database
- SELECT s. name AS schema_name,
- s. schema_id,
- u. name AS schema_owner.
- FROM sys. schemas s.
- INNER JOIN sys. sysusers u ON u. uid = s. principal_id.
- ORDER BY s. name;
How do I find which database a stored procedure exists?
We can use OBJECT_ID() function like below to check if a GetCustomers Stored procedure exists in the current database. Specifying the Database Name and Schema Name parts for the Stored Procedure Name is optional.
What are triggers in SQL?
A SQL trigger is a database object which fires when an event occurs in a database. We can execute a SQL query that will “do something” in a database when a change occurs on a database table such as a record is inserted or updated or deleted. For example, a trigger can be set on a record insert in a database table.
How do I view a table in a database?
To get a list of the tables in a MySQL database, use the mysql client tool to connect to the MySQL server and run the SHOW TABLES command. The optional FULL modifier will show the table type as a second output column.
Why view is used in SQL?
Views are used for security purposes because they provide encapsulation of the name of the table. Data is in the virtual table, not stored permanently. Views display only selected data. We can also use Sql Join s in the Select statement in deriving the data for the view.
How can we store images in database?
To insert images into a database, the database must support images. Images are stored in binary in a table cell. The data type for the cell is a binary large object (BLOB), which is a new SQL type in SQL3 for storing binary data.
Can we store image in SQL?
The IMAGE data type in SQL Server has been used to store the image files. Recently, Microsoft began suggesting using VARBINARY(MAX) instead of IMAGE for storing a large amount of data in a single column since IMAGE will be retired in a future version of MS SQL Server.
What is Varbinary in SQL?
varbinary [ ( n | max) ] Variable-length binary data. … The storage size is the actual length of the data entered + 2 bytes. The data that is entered can be 0 bytes in length. The ANSI SQL synonym for varbinary is binary varying.