How do you swap values between two variables in SQL?
How to Swap Values of Two Columns in SQL Server
- create table Student.
- StudentID Int identity primary key,
- FirstName varchar(30),
- LastName varchar(30),
- Marks Int.
- Insert into Student(FirstName,LastName,Marks) Values(‘Nitin’,’Tyagi’,400)
How do you swap values in the same column in SQL?
To swap two columns, we can apply the below swapping logic.
- Add both values and store them into the first column.
- Subtract the first column’s value from the second and store it into the second column.
- Subtract the first column’s value from the updated second column and store it into the first.
How do you swap two tables in SQL?
Create a temporary table with the values as same as the table T1 values. Then update the name column of table T1 with name column value of table T2 . Then update the name column of table T2 with name column value of the temp table. After updating both the tables, drop the temp table.
How do you find the difference between two data in SQL?
SQL Server DIFFERENCE() Function
The DIFFERENCE() function compares two SOUNDEX values, and returns an integer. The integer value indicates the match for the two SOUNDEX values, from 0 to 4. 0 indicates weak or no similarity between the SOUNDEX values. 4 indicates strong similarity or identically SOUNDEX values.
How can I swap two numbers without using third variable in SQL?
Program to swap two numbers without using the third variable
- STEP 1: START.
- STEP 2: ENTER x, y.
- STEP 3: PRINT x, y.
- STEP 4: x = x + y.
- STEP 5: y= x – y.
- STEP 6: x =x – y.
- STEP 7: PRINT x, y.
- STEP 8: END.
How can I swap two values in the same column in Oracle?
Interchange the Values of 2 Columns
- Alter table employee and add a new column TEMP_NAME to it.
- Update the values of LAST_NAME to TEMP_NAME.
- Update the LAST_NAME with the values of FIRST_NAME.
- Update the FIRST_NAME with the values of TEMP_NAME.
- Drop the column TEMP_NAME.
Can distinct command be used for more than one column?
Answer. Yes, the DISTINCT clause can be applied to any valid SELECT query. It is important to note that DISTINCT will filter out all rows that are not unique in terms of all selected columns.
How do I swap columns in SQL Server?
Using SQL Server Management Studio
- In Object Explorer, right-click the table with columns you want to reorder and click Design.
- Select the box to the left of the column name that you want to reorder.
- Drag the column to another location within the table.
How do you create a self join in SQL?
To use a self join, the table must contain a column (call it X) that acts as the primary key and a different column (call it Y) that stores values that can be matched up with the values in Column X. The values of Columns X and Y do not have to be the same for any given row, and the value in Column Y may even be null .
What is decode function in SQL?
What is DECODE function in SQL? In Oracle, DECODE function allows us to add procedural if-then-else logic to the query. DECODE compares the expression to each search value one by one. If expression is equal to a search, then the corresponding result is returned by the Oracle Database.
How many tables can be join in SQL query?
Theoretically, there is no upper limit on the number of tables that can be joined using a SELECT statement. (One join condition always combines two tables!) However, the Database Engine has an implementation restriction: the maximum number of tables that can be joined in a SELECT statement is 64.
How do you do absolute value in SQL?
ABS() Function in SQL Server
- ABS() function : This function in SQL Server is used to return the absolute value of a specified number. …
- Features :
- Syntax : SELECT ABS(number);
- Parameter : This method accepts a parameter as given below:
- Returns : …
- Example-1 : …
- Output : 0.
- Example-2 :
How do you do not in SQL?
Overview. The SQL Server NOT IN operator is used to replace a group of arguments using the <> (or !=) operator that are combined with an AND. It can make code easier to read and understand for SELECT, UPDATE or DELETE SQL commands.