What is PHP and why it is used?
PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor) is known as a general-purpose scripting language that can be used to develop dynamic and interactive websites. It was among the first server-side languages that could be embedded into HTML, making it easier to add functionality to web pages without needing to call external files for data.
What are the unique features of PHP?
PHP | Unique Features
- Simple, Familiar and ease of use: Its popularly known for its simplicity, familiarity and easy to learn the language as the syntax is similar to that of ‘C’ or Pascal language. …
- Loosely typed language: PHP encourages the use of variables without declaring its data types.
What are the basics of PHP?
- Tags and Syntax. PHP commands are embedded into HTML by one of several ways. …
- Variables and Datatypes. Variables in PHP are represented by a dollar sign followed by an alphanumeric name beginning in a letter or underscore. …
- Statements and Expressions. …
- Operators and Maths. …
- Strings. …
- Arrays. …
- Conditionals. …
What are the advantages of PHP?
Top 6 Advantages Of Php Over Other Programming Languages
- Easy and Simple to Learn. PHP is considered one of the easiest scripting languages. …
- Extremely Flexible. …
- Easy Integration and Compatibility. …
- Efficient Performance. …
- Cost-Efficient. …
- Gives Web Developer More Control.
Is PHP front end or backend?
Is PHP difficult to learn?
Is PHP Hard to Learn? PHP is one of the easier programming languages to learn. This is because PHP has a strong ecosystem of resources available for beginners and it has a syntax that is forgiving to beginners. Whether you struggle to learn PHP depends on your experience with programming.
What is PHP call function?
A PHP function provides code that a PHP script can call to perform a task, such as Count(), file_get_contents(), and header(). The PHP language supports both procedural and object-oriented programming paradigms.
Why is it called PHP?
It was originally created by Danish-Canadian programmer Rasmus Lerdorf in 1994. The PHP reference implementation is now produced by The PHP Group. PHP originally stood for Personal Home Page, but it now stands for the recursive initialism PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor.
What are the data types in PHP?
PHP supports the following data types:
- Float (floating point numbers – also called double)
What is the use of echo in PHP?
PHP echo statement can be used to print the string, multi-line strings, escaping characters, variable, array, etc. Some important points that you must know about the echo statement are: echo is a statement, which is used to display the output.