Which keyword is used to state the condition that specifies which rows are to be selected?
The SQL WHERE clause contains the condition that specifies which rows are to be selected. The result of an SQL SELECT operation can contain duplicate rows. To have SQL automatically eliminate duplicate rows from a result, use the keyword DISTINCT with the FROM keyword.
Which SQL command is used for row selection?
The SQL SELECT statement returns a result set of records, from one or more tables. A SELECT statement retrieves zero or more rows from one or more database tables or database views. In most applications, SELECT is the most commonly used data manipulation language (DML) command.
How do I select a selected row in SQL?
To select rows using selection symbols for character or graphic data, use the LIKE keyword in a WHERE clause, and the underscore and percent sign as selection symbols. You can create multiple row conditions, and use the AND, OR, or IN keywords to connect the conditions.
Why use full outer join in SQL?
The FULL OUTER JOIN keyword returns all records when there is a match in left (table1) or right (table2) table records.
- Tip: FULL OUTER JOIN and FULL JOIN are the same.
- Note: FULL OUTER JOIN can potentially return very large result-sets!
What is the difference between GROUP BY and HAVING clause?
The HAVING clause is used instead of WHERE with aggregate functions. While the GROUP BY Clause groups rows that have the same values into summary rows. The having clause is used with the where clause in order to find rows with certain conditions. The having clause is always used after the group By clause.
What is query for second highest salary?
We can nest the above query to find the second largest salary. select *from employee group by salary order by salary desc limit 1,1; There are other ways : SELECT name, MAX(salary) AS salary FROM employee WHERE salary IN (SELECT salary FROM employee MINUS SELECT MAX(salary) FROM employee);
How do you display in SQL?
The DISPLAY command must be placed immediately after the query statement on which you want it to take effect. For example: SELECT pno, pname FROM part WHERE color=’BLUE’; DISPLAY; When the system encounters this DISPLAY command, it displays the Result window containing the part number and name for all blue parts.
How do I SELECT a name in SQL?
SQL – SELECT Query
- SELECT * FROM table_name;
- SQL> SELECT ID, NAME, SALARY FROM CUSTOMERS;
- SQL> SELECT * FROM CUSTOMERS;
How do I find top 5 rows in SQL?
SQL SELECT TOP Clause
- SQL Server / MS Access Syntax. SELECT TOP number|percent column_name(s) FROM table_name;
- MySQL Syntax. SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. LIMIT number;
- Example. SELECT * FROM Persons. LIMIT 5;
- Oracle Syntax. SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. WHERE ROWNUM <= number;
- Example. SELECT * FROM Persons.
How do I get last 10 rows in SQL?
The following is the syntax to get the last 10 records from the table. Here, we have used LIMIT clause. SELECT * FROM ( SELECT * FROM yourTableName ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 10 )Var1 ORDER BY id ASC; Let us now implement the above query.
How do I have multiple rows in one row in SQL?
STUFF Function in SQL Server
- Create a database.
- Create 2 tables as in the following.
- Execute this SQL Query to get the student courseIds separated by a comma. USE StudentCourseDB. SELECT StudentID, CourseIDs=STUFF. ( ( SELECT DISTINCT ‘, ‘ + CAST(CourseID AS VARCHAR(MAX)) FROM StudentCourses t2.
How do I get all rows in SQL?
SELECT column1, column2 FROM table1, table2 WHERE column2=’value’; In the above SQL statement: The SELECT clause specifies one or more columns to be retrieved; to specify multiple columns, use a comma and a space between column names. To retrieve all columns, use the wild card * (an asterisk).
How do I SELECT a last name in SQL?
Use the box below and click on Run Query to try it.
- SELECT FirstName, LastName FROM Person.Person. SELECT FirstName, LastName FROM Person.Person. xxxxxxxxxx. …
- SELECT FirstName, LastName FROM Person.Person; SELECT FirstName, LastName FROM Person.Person; xxxxxxxxxx. …
- SELECT * FROM Person.Person; /* Answer */ xxxxxxxxxx.
How do I pull the last two rows in R?
The last n rows of the data frame can be accessed by using the in-built tail() method in R. Supposedly, N is the total number of rows in the data frame, then n <=N last rows can be extracted from the structure.