Which version of Firefox still supports Java?
Go to https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/51.0b9/ in a browser. This is where you can download the last version of Firefox that supported Java.
How do I get Java to work on Firefox?
Enable Java in Firefox
- Launch the Firefox web browser. Click or double-click the Firefox app icon, which resembles an orange fox around a blue globe. …
- Go to a site that uses Java. …
- Now wait for the Java prompt to appear. …
- Click the “Activate Java” link. …
- Click “Allow Now” when prompted.
Which browsers still support Java?
Web Browsers that support Java Applets and how to enable them
- Google Chrome.
- Microsoft Edge.
How do I manually add Java plugin to Firefox?
Firefox 11 and Java Plugin
- Open Firefox.
- Click the orange Firefox menu button in the upper left-hand corner of the browser window.
- Click on Add-ons.
- Click on Plugins.
- Locate the Java (TM) Platform SE 6 U23 6.0. 230.5 plugin in the list and click the Enable button.
- Restart Firefox.
How can I find the Firefox version?
, click Help and select About Firefox. On the menu bar, click the Firefox menu and select About Firefox. The About Firefox window will appear. The version number is listed underneath the Firefox name.
Are Java applets still used 2020?
With that no longer being the case, Applet support ended in March 2019. Oracle announced in January 2016 that Applets would be deprecated in Java SE 9, and the technology was removed in Java SE 11. … Components required to run Applets on non-Windows platforms are being removed starting July 2020.
How do I fix my current browser no longer supports Java?
How can I fix Your browser does not support Java error?
- Add the IE Tab extension to your browser. …
- Enable Internet Explorer mode for Edge. …
- Reinstall Java. …
- Make sure Java is enabled and lower trusted site security. …
- Check TLS 1.1 and FLS 1.2 are enabled. …
- Check Java browser content is enabled within the Java Control Panel.
Which browser still supports Npapi?
It is only supported by Firefox ESR (Extended Support Release) and Safari.
Can Android run Java?
Java is technically not supported on Android XResearchsource , meaning that you can’t run JAR files or visit websites with Java content. … If you want to run a JAR file on your phone, you will need to gain root access and then install an emulator.
How do I add a plugin to Firefox?
To enable plugins
- Click the Firefox menu icon. in the upper right of the browser toolbar.
- Choose Add-ons.
- From the left navigation pane, choose Plugins.
- Choose Always Activate or Ask to Activate for each plugin, as needed.
How do I install Java plugin?
- Open the Windows Control Panel.
- Double-click IBM Control Panel for Java.
- On the Advanced tab, select Default Java for Browsers.
- To install the Java plug-in for specific browsers, select the corresponding check box. To remove the Java plug-in from specific browsers, clear the corresponding check box.