How do I run a selected query in PL SQL?
PL/SQL SELECT INTO examples
- First, declare a variable l_customer_name whose data type anchors to the name columns of the customers table. …
- Second, use the SELECT INTO statement to select value from the name column and assign it to the l_customer_name variable.
- Third, show the customer name using the dbms_output.
What is select command in Oracle?
The Oracle SELECT statement is used to retrieve records from one or more tables in an Oracle database.
How do I select a database in SQL Developer?
Configure Oracle SQL Developer Cloud Connection
- Run Oracle SQL Developer locally. The Oracle SQL Developer home page displays. …
- Under Connections, right click Connections. …
- Select New Connection. …
- On the New/Select Database Connection dialog, make the following entries: …
- Click Test. …
- Click Connect. …
- Open the new connection.
How do I select specific data in SQL?
- SELECT column1, column2, … FROM table_name;
- SELECT * FROM table_name;
- Example. SELECT CustomerName, City FROM Customers;
- Example. SELECT * FROM Customers;
How do I create a dynamic SQL query?
How to use Dynamic SQL?
- — Start by declaring the Query variable and other required variables.
- DECLARE @SQL nvarchar(1000)
- DECLARE @variable1 varchar(50)
- DECLARE @variable2 varchar(50)
- — Set the values of the declared variables if required.
- SET @variable1 = ‘A’
- — Define the query variable.
What is the difference between SQL and Oracle?
Oracle is owned by Oracle Corporation and can run on a wide variety of platforms such as Windows, Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, and OS-X. Oracle supports PL/SQL and SQL language to write queries to access data from its database. SQL Server is owned by Microsoft and can only be used on the Windows platform.
What is the other name for a simple join or an inner join?
The most important and frequently used of the joins is the INNER JOIN. They are also referred to as an EQUIJOIN. The INNER JOIN creates a new result table by combining column values of two tables (table1 and table2) based upon the join-predicate.
How do I get SQL command line?
To start SQL Command Line from the desktop and connect locally:
- Do one of the following: On Windows: Click Start, point to Programs (or All Programs), point to Oracle Database 10g Express Edition, and then select Run SQL Command Line. …
- At the SQL Command Line prompt, enter the following command: CONNECT username/password.
How do I find my database name?
The easiest way of finding the database name is: select * from global_name; This view is granted to PUBLIC, so anybody can query it. Here first one “ORCL” is database name,may be your system “XE” and other what was given on oracle downloading time.
How do you create a database?
Create a blank database
- On the File tab, click New, and then click Blank Database.
- Type a file name in the File Name box. …
- Click Create. …
- Begin typing to add data, or you can paste data from another source, as described in the section Copy data from another source into an Access table.
Can you do SELECT * in SQL?
An asterisk (” * “) can be used to specify that the query should return all columns of the queried tables. SELECT is the most complex statement in SQL, with optional keywords and clauses that include: The FROM clause, which indicates the table(s) to retrieve data from.
How do I SELECT a last name in SQL?
Use the box below and click on Run Query to try it.
- SELECT FirstName, LastName FROM Person.Person. SELECT FirstName, LastName FROM Person.Person. xxxxxxxxxx. …
- SELECT FirstName, LastName FROM Person.Person; SELECT FirstName, LastName FROM Person.Person; xxxxxxxxxx. …
- SELECT * FROM Person.Person; /* Answer */ xxxxxxxxxx.
How do I list all tables in SQL?
Then issue one of the following SQL statement:
- Show all tables owned by the current user: SELECT table_name FROM user_tables;
- Show all tables in the current database: SELECT table_name FROM dba_tables;
- Show all tables that are accessible by the current user: